※Since this is a beta version, there is a possibility of frequent changes.
✏️ Service Overview
- There will only be one round-trip communication with the requesters. The first trip is accepting request(s), and the last trip is delivering request(s)
As a general rule, there is no other form of communication with requesters aside from when creators are accepting request(s) and delivering request(s).
Implementation under consideration We are considering a feature that allows one additional round-trip communication to the requester in the case of unclear request details. The additional communication is solely meant for confirming request details (Only one round trip per confirmation). We do not allow additional contact from requesters for questions, estimates, meetings, revisions, or anything else pertaining to their requests.
- Creators are allowed to only accept requests they would like to work on.
There is no pressure to accept all received requests. Creators may choose to approve only the requests they wish to work on.
- The copyright belongs to the creator.
Creators in Recomet are free to publish their requested work(s) on social media, personalized magazines, collections of works, and other services without the requester or holder’s permission. The streaming of creative processes and work progress are also allowed.
The NFT holder (the requester) may only use the requested work(s) only within the scope agreed upon by both parties (the creator and the requester) and for personal use such as social media profile pictures and banners.
- Refrain from accepting requests for redraw or retakes via DM or email.
While there are a lot of good clients, some clients can be unreasonable and demanding. Unless the revision is absolutely necessary (e.g., due to the artist’s mistakes), we suggest artists do not cater to clients’ unreasonable demands, redraws, or revisions sent through DM. At the very least, we suggest setting a limit on the number of revisions that can be done for free before charging extra.
Recomet’s current system does not provide means for artists to charge extra for revisions and redraws. While this may change in the future, as we are now, both creators’ and requesters’ cooperation is necessary to make sure that the creative community formed around Recomet is a safe and comfortable community for both creators and requesters.
- Do not establish your own rules.
With the exception of policies on revisions and redraws, do not impose any restrictions on requesters beyond the common rules of the service.
- Do not use the service as a means of money transfer between individuals.
To prevent money laundering, please do not use the service as a means of money transfer between individuals.
- Pricing Plan
With the implementation of the Plan feature, we no longer adopt the ‘recommended amount’ and ‘minimum amount’ pricing system. We suggest creators set up various pricing plans to cater to requesters’ various needs.
- Approval Deadline and Delivery Deadline
The approval deadline is the time limit for approving received requests. The time limit is calculated from the date the request is sent.
The delivery deadline is the time limit within which the creator must deliver the work for the approved request. The time limit is calculated from the date the request is sent.
There will be no extension of deadlines under any circumstances. Therefore, it is recommended to set a longer deadline to allow plenty of time for delivering request(s).
- Supported File Formats
For shared smart contracts (gas-free)
The following file formats: JPG, PNG, GIF, SVG, MP4, WEBM, MP3, WAV, OGG, GLB, and GLTF are supported. The maximum size per file is 20 MB.
For your own smart contracts
The following file formats: JPG, PNG, GIF, SVG, MP4, WEBM, MP3, WAV, OGG, GLB, and GLTF are supported. Full-on-chain NFT is not supported.
Creators hold the copyright of their creations. Creators are free to publish their requested work(s) on social media, personalized magazines, collections of works, and other services without the requester or holder’s permission. The NFT holder (the requester) may only use the work for personal purposes such as social media profile pictures, and banners. Should there be additional agreement(s), the holder may only use the work within the scope agreed upon by both parties (the creator and the requester) as described in the body of their request.
It is important to note that even if the rights to the work belong to the creator, the creator also bears all responsibility regarding the creation of the works. To avoid issues, please be sure to follow the guidelines for each project (or the original title when creating derivatives of non-NFT commercial works such as anime and games) when creating derivative works.
There is no charge for registering an account or accepting requests.
Upon completion of a transaction (i.e. confirmation of the completed delivery of a requested work), a transaction fee will be deducted from the amount of the request. The transaction fee is a flat rate of 2% of the amount of request.
- Transfer of Sales Proceed
Sales proceed will be sent to the creator's wallet immediately after the requester confirms the requested work's delivery.
- Freezing of Accounts
The Recomet management team reserves the right to freeze accounts without prior notice for violating the platform’s Service Terms and Policies.
- Set up a plan for your Recomet commission requests. Check out a comprehensive guide on how to set up your plan here.
- Advertise your service on social media. Recomet regularly hosts a collaboration campaign with various NFT projects for derivative requests, be sure to check it out. Alternatively, you may also reach out to communities to advertise your commission request.
- The requester looks for a creator who is currently accepting requests.
- The requester carefully reads the creator’s profile and the overview of their request requirement. If your plan fits the requesters’ budget and requirements, they may send a request.
- Carefully read the details of the request. Approve the request you wish to work on.
- Wait for the requester to deposit their payment.
If payment is overdue (3 days), the request will be automatically canceled.
- We advise you to only start working on the request after the requester paid for the request.
- To deliver the artwork, creators may select either one of the contracts:
- Recomet Shared Contract (Gas free, minted on Recomet NFT collection)
- NFT minted in external contract (your own’s contract such as Manifold/FND. Please note that Recomet does not support delivery of NFTs minted through OS Shared Contract).
- The creator then executes delivery by either uploading the file into the Shared Contract or registering the NFT they have previously minted in their own’s contract. (See User Guide: Delivering Requests for details)
If the creator fails to deliver the request within the completion deadline (no delivery when the deadline passes), the requester can execute the refund process.
- After the requester confirms the delivery, the transaction will be marked as complete. The requester will receive the NFT and the sales proceeds will be sent to the creator.
If the confirmation of completion is overdue (3 days), the creator may mark the request as completed, with the management’s approval.
Scope of Use of Deliverables
NFT holders (requesters) may use the deliverables (i.e., saved jpg, png, etc. files) only for personal purposes such as social media profile pictures and banners.
Should there be additional agreement(s) between the requester and the creator, the holder (requester) may use the deliverables only within the scope agreed upon by both parties (creator and requester), as described in the body of the request.
Basically, the right to use the work is granted to the NFT holder. Therefore, if the current holder sells or transfers the NFT to a third party, the current holder will lose the rights to the work(s), and the rights will be transferred to the new holder.
📖 User Guide
Starting an Account
- Click on the "Connect Wallet" button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select the wallet you wish to connect to.
- Click the "Sign-In with Ethereum" button to perform a signature on the wallet.
Opening the Request Box
- To start accepting requests, you need to set up your account profile in advance.
- Go to the Request Settings Page ( Settings → Requests ) and turn on the Request Permission.
- Set your plan, currency, and delivery deadlines.
- Set up your portfolio.
- Click Save and you are done!
- To see the requests you have received, go to the Request History Page (History → Requests) and check the ‘Received’ and ‘Waiting for Approval’ sections.
- Click on the "Approve" button on the request you wish to approve. The approval page will automatically open.
- From the approval page, carefully check the request detail. Then, click on the "Approve" button once again.
- Sign the wallet prompt to complete the approval process.
- In the Request Page under the inbox tab, you can check the list of Received Requests and Requests that are In-Progress.
- Click on the "Deliver" button on the request you wish to make a delivery for. The delivery page will automatically open.
- Select a delivery method from the delivery page. Then, deliver the work using one of the following methods:
Recomet’s shared contracts (Recomet NFT Collection): enter a title and the description, then upload the work file.
For your own’s contracts (Manifold/FND): select the NFT(ERC721 only) that you have minted externally, then, register it into the Recomet system.
- Finally, click on the "Deliver" button, sign the message in your wallet, and you are done!